585-398-3299 | 1531 NY-332 Farmington, NY 14425
Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At MC Automotive Inc in Farmington
Ask The Mechanic
Auto Repair Near Geneva
Allison H., 07/20/2021
Today is a day my faith in humanity is restored! I have always felt more then confident in our Mechanics at MC Automotive but today is one of many days that ensured me we are in the BEST hands. Our new to us Yukon XL Denali was presenting issues with the dash and starting or not starting. I brought the vehicle in on very short notice and when picked it up it was working fine. It would not present the multiple errors bc the car was not having issues starting at the time. Joe, noticed my positive battery connection was loose. Thinking this may have been a contributor or cause. On my drive home the car finally worked perfectly. I made a stop before heading home and when attempting to restart my vehicle I was unsuccessful after multiple tries. I reached out to Christin in the office who kindly listened to all of my concerns and advised me to call Mike, the owner of the shop. He was extremely helpful and willing to do whatever needed to be done to get me up and running! . He sent his Mechanic, Joe to my rescue with a machine to read any errors and attempt to start the vehicle. After working very hard for well over an hour in the heat and sweating it was decided it may be an issue for the Dealership itself to reprogram modules or correct issues. But also offered that if it was determined that the error codes or issues did not need to be programmed by the dealership then I could bring it back to him and he would do whatever needed to try and fix it. He took so much time and effort out of his day as did Christin and Mike to answer my calls, and my concerns immediately. It feels like family there and who wouldn't want family working on their cars? I will always and forever as long as they are in operation...continue to bring my vehicles to them. Hands down they are the BEST automotive repair shop I have ever been to. If only everyone operated this way and treated their customers with such care the world would be so much better!!!!!!!!